ABOUT THE TRIP

CHANGE ACTION TEAM 2010

From September 12-20, 2010, Aeroplan Canada will lead Groupe Aeroplan’s second Change Action Team experience in beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

The 2010 Change Action Team is composed of nine Groupe Aeroplan employees: one employee from Aeroplan Canada, three from Groupe Aeroplan-UK, three from Carlson Marketing, one employee from Air Miles Middle East and one from Nectar Italia.

Working with Offsetters, Groupe Aeroplan’s and Aeroplan Canada’s carbon management partner, the Change Action Team will travel to the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Lead by Alden Hadwen, CSR, Groupe Aeroplan, and a representative from Offsetters, employees will spend a week learning about climate change, carbon emissions, carbon offset projects and how local communities are linked with these projects. The CAT will visit clean technology projects in Vancouver, First Nations communities in Tofino and the resort of Whistler in the Coastal Mountains.


Friday, September 10, 2010

What are you most looking forward to before your journey?

Jo-Ann: I’m most looking forward to seeing hands-on what is being done (instead of just reading about it) and bringing all that information back to Montreal, figuring out how I can apply this knowledge at home and work. Lastly, I’m looking forward to meeting and getting to know my international colleagues – I’m interested learning about Aeroplan from their perspective.

Laura: I’m most looking forward to meeting the other members of the Change Action Team, learning about carbon neutrality and seeing the amazing sights of Vancouver; I’ve already started counting down the days until I leave and I can’t wait to eat lots of maple syrup treats while I’m there; I'll try to remember to bring some back!

Will: I’m looking forward to absolutely everything! But to be specific, I can’t wait to see beautiful Canada and visit the green technology plants.

Jackie:I’m looking forward to learning and meeting other colleagues from around the world – what a great opportunity!

Brendan: What I’m most looking forward to about this trip will be the chance to see the landscapes and meet the people of the West coast – I’ve never been further west than Minneapolis, so this is a whole new frontier for me!

Marcello: I’m really interested in learning more about clean technologies and how they can be a profitable benefit for business and not a limit.

Sanju: Having read about Offsetters and their commitment to creating permanent solutions for carbon offsetting, I’m excited to be a part of this educational adventure so that I can learn and try to apply the principles back home. I’m hoping this experience will equip me with the skills to find ways to work with my business partners in a more environmentally friendly way.

Emma-Lee: It’s hard to pinpoint the one thing I’m most looking forward to because I’m sure the experience as a whole will be amazing. I’m really excited about visiting clean technology projects in Vancouver; it will be incredibly inspiring to see the practical use of next generation energy systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FUN FACTS ABOUT THE TEAM

Jo-Ann: In 2006, I had my head shaved during the Shave to Save campaign to raise funds for the fight against Breast Cancer.

Laura: I recently achieved my personal goal to visit 30 countries before I turned 30 and celebrated with a visit to Brazil at Carnaval.

Will: I hold a private pilot’s licence and have been flying since I was 16 years old.

Jackie: When I was in high school I won a contest to name a ride at a local amusement park – The Flitting Flume of Festal Frenzy! It was a log water ride. I won a $100 savings bond, six case of Coke and a season pass to Valleyfair. Oh, and let's not forget the coverage in the local newspaper...ha!

Brendan:The Metro (London’s free newspaper) once sent me on a blind date to Paris, along with a film crew who normally worked on documentaries in war-zones.

Marcello: I visited Geogia during Russian air raids, Ukraine after Orange Revolution and I’ve just come back from former war countries in Balkans: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro. I use my trips as inspiration, writing for newspapers and magazines, I’ve even created a blog: http://www.marcellopeluso.it/. I’ve also published some books…and more are coming! It’s my way to describe the world.

Sanju: My love for animals constantly worries my wife as she isn’t sure what new addition I’ll bring into our home at anytime.

Emma-Lee: I used to work for Bridgeclimb in Sydney. I’ve climbed 1,439 steps to the top of the Sydney harbour bridge over 500 times – that’s 719,500 steps in total! Once I was caught in a freak storm at the top of the bridge with 50 tourists, the winds were over 140Kmph and we were completely exposed to the elements, unable to move until the storm passed.


Majeed:I love to eat - my favourite saying is: “People eat to live, while I live to eat”.